Sunday, July 26, 2015

{PREVIEW} August/September 2015 Stamp Club Set - FLORAL BLISS


In less than a week, August will be here. And with the new month comes a new stamp club set. Here's a preview of Floral Bliss.

What, more flowers?!? Yep -- many of our customers (stamp club subscribers and non-stamp club subscribers alike) seem to like flower stamps. When it comes to making cards, flower images are versatile; you can use them for practically any occasion paired with whatever sentiment on hand.

FLORAL BLISS is a 5" by 7" stamp set featuring 6 floral images (zinnia, cosmo, dogwood, larkspur, helenium, and dahlia) I illustrated, 1 large distressed/grunge frame, and 11 word sentiments. I was inspired by vintage seed packets while I was designing this set, so each flower and sentiment (e.g., simply STUNNING) will fit right inside the grunged up frame. You can create a variety of projects with this set: cards, tags, journaling spots, ATCs, toppers, refrigerator magnets, and more.

You'll soon see the STAMPlorations girls feature this set in their spotlight projects. But first, here are four one layer cards I made showcasing this set.

For this CAS card, I brayered Delicata gold ink in the center, used Faber-Castell PITT Artist big brush pen to stamp the larkspur, and then stamped askew the grunge frame in Hero Arts raspberry jam mid-tone shadow ink.


For the second card, I did some a lot of masking. I first stamped the frame in Delicata gold ink, masked it then went to town with stamping the zinnia in gold ink all over the card base. I stamped it again inside the frame and colored with Chromatix alcohol marker. I finished it off with the sentiment.


For the third card, I was still in the mood to mask and I thought I'd do a reverse of the second card. So I stamped and masked the zinnia, dahlia, and cosmo. I colored them with various Chromatix alcohol markers and gave the background a little faux texture by stamping the grunge newsprint and dotty background (from another stamp club set, Mixed Media Grunge) in coffee Ranger archival ink.


For the fourth card, I thought I'd get a little artsy. I must admit that the helenium is my favorite stamp in the bunch. I inked it up with Faber-Castell PITT Artist big brush pen and stamped, masking as I went along and then colored with Inktense pencils. I watercolored the background with both Inktense pencils and Japanese Sai watercolor markers, stamped a few grunge images (again from the Mixed Media Grunge set) in coffee Ranger archival ink, and then finished the card by stamping the sentiment in the center.


Floral Bliss will be available to non-stamp club subscribers starting August 1. Also, larger versions of the flowers are going to be available as singles in the STAMP Lab category. The larger images are perfect for non-card projects.

Right now, however, Floral Bliss is available to current stamp club subscribers; they can pick this set and have it shipped right away when their subscription renews.

Want this stamp set now at a great price with a couple of ARTplorations stencils of your choice and free shipping? Just sign up for the stamp club here. Stamp club subscribers get to enjoy lots of perks :o)

If you're already a stamp club subscriber, thanks so much for your support! If your subscription is set to renew sometime later this month, you can already pick Floral Bliss instead of the current set, The Birds and the Blooms -- it's up to you!

Hope you all have a fantastic week ahead!


13 comments:

  1. Can't wait for mine to arrive Shery....you've showcased them beautifully. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Shery. Love the lot of masking. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - just wish I was not broke and our dollar was stronger :-) One day...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready for my subscription to come due! These are awesome and your cards...oh my! Stunning!!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous and the cards mind-blowing!! Great stamp set! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers ,specially Zena and I loved the fonts of sentiments too ! Your cards are amazing and last one is my FAVOURITE !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh....beautiful stamp set and what a great collection of cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, this set is coming home to join my growing collection as soon as it's available. Just look what you did with it. Jaw-dropping glorious cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, this set is coming home to join my growing collection as soon as it's available. Just look what you did with it. Jaw-dropping glorious cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are STUNNING cards. What a beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so FABULOUS, Shery! You do have a way with one layer cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    All projects DT are beautiful, but I like the card Sherry. He has so much light and shade, that it appears that the card came alive and is a living being. Incredible!
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)