Wednesday, July 12, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Monika Goes For Cupcakes


Hello Crafty Friends! Today we're making something a little different. The idea came to me when I saw these yummy cupcake dies. What better way to celebrate a sweet tooth than by making a presentation box for a cupcake or muffin?

I drew up the template myself and the box evolved as I went along. Here are both versions to start you off.



Let's start with the box on the left which is the first one I made.


The idea was for the sides to fall open once the ribbon was untied and removed hence the sides are a sort of open too.



I calculated the approximate size I needed for the bottom, which in my case was 7.5cm square (approx. 3 inches). To this I added a bit for height, 6cm (approx. 2 3/8 inches), on top of which I added the arch, 7cm (approx. 2 3/4 inches) in height.

I drew my template out on some pretty paper adding the scoreline for the bottom as I went along.



Next I cut a square piece of card 12.3cm square (4 7/8 inches).



I scored  at 1cm and 2.5cm (3/8 of an inch and 1 inch) only down the left hand side turning my piece of card as I went along until I had scored down all four sides.



I cut away the corner pieces as shown in the photo and die-cut a circle of 6cm (2 3/8 inches) in diameter from the inner square.



I scored the fold lines in my cut out shapes and punched a hole at the top of each.



I then die-cut a window and frame using the Bloom Happy Coordinating Dies from the piece for my box front.



Next I added a piece of acetate to the back of my frame and attached the frame to the box front.



I then assembled my box by sticking the bottom pieces on top of each other.



I decorated the inside using stamps from the Party Mates set.



I folded the cupcake holder along the scored lines and attached it in place.




I created a tag using the Cupcake Builders #2 CUTplorations Dies and tied it all up to finish the box.


For my next box I decided to make a few changes, rather than as a tag, I wanted my cupcake to go on the front.



This meant that I needed to adjust the window.



The cupcake holder was given some tabs to glue the side corners before attaching it in place, it simply makes it a little easier and makes for a better finish too.



The box sides were given tabs too.





This is how I fed the ribbon through with the box front facing me.



I shall leave you with one last look at both boxes.



That's it from me for today. If you feel inspired to try and make some yummy boxes, why not link your make up with our Spotlight Project Showcase. We love to see your makes.



Have a lovely day!

hugs

Monika xxx


Here is what I used:

cutplorations-BloomHappy preview-cupcakebuilder1 preview-cupcakebuilder2


STAMPlorations Stamps: Party Mates
PartyMates-web-preview

5 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)