Tuesday, August 29, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Maria Spotlights the Joys of Tissue Paper


Hello STAMPlorations friends! I'm going all CAS on you today, basically just using up some leftovers from my last Spotlight project where I played with Distress Oxides. Did you see that? Notice the butterfly on today's card.


Here's the story. BTW, credit for this tissue paper on acetate technique goes to the technique goddess Loll T.


STEP 1
Gathered my supplies. Buttercups and Butterflies, Flutter Zen 1 Layering die, glue, a makeup sponge, acetate and that scrap of tissue paper I'd used to dab up leftover Distress Oxides. You might remember the second photo - it's from my last Spotlight project.





STEP 2
I spread glue all over the acetate with the sponge and then pressed the tissue paper onto it using my hands. Forgot to take a photo, but I splattered some Heidi Swapp gold spray ink on it. Let it dry.



STEP 3
Planned the layout of my card then stamped the buttercup and sentiment.


Bent the die cut butterfly slightly and adhered it with multi medium matte. Voila!



This makes my CAS-loving heart happy. Are you more of a CAS or mixed media person? Isn't it fun to be able to combine the two?

Remember if you try out any of the techniques, like die cutting tissue paper, from our spotlight posts, don't forget to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

TschĂĽss,
Maria

Products Maria used in today's project:


7 comments:

  1. Your watercolored tissue paper and acrylic made such a beautiful and delicate butterfly. Love your CAS design too. TFS Maria. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,beautiful DOX background on tissue paper. I love your card and Lolls turorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the delicate colours of the butterfly. I still have a few inked pieces of tissue paper left from Loll and Bonnie's tissue paper challenge...

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)