Friday, March 16, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Wanderlust Book Mark by Monika



Hello Crafty Friends! You might already have noticed that I've been playing with our Nesting Dies quite a lot recently. Today I'm showing you how to make a little bookmark using the Pierced Curly Frames which I combined with the Christmas Tree 1 and Bubble Dance stencils plus some of my favourite Stamp Club sets.

Reading allows the mind to wander and roam hence here is, my little Wanderlust inspired bookmark:


It is one that fits over a page corner and is perfectly suited to holiday/vacation reading.

I started off cutting two of the second largest pierced frame, one of which I chopped diagonally in half. One of these halves was cut into a little spacer frame using the largest Manila Tag die.



I then sponged all my pieces including the reverse of the whole pierced frame with Daffodil Delight.



Next I sponged Bermuda Bay through the Christmas Tree stencil using it side on as arrows making sure that the pattern on my pieces will match once layered up.


Next I added some stamping. The sentiment and car were stamped black, the partial frame in Elegant Eggplant and the dogwood in Crushed Curry, again making sure that the stamping on my pieces would match when layered.



I then coloured my car using Gold, Coral and Cool Grey 2 Promarkers, I also added a touch of Gold to the stamped sentiment before stamping the 'Born To Roam' in Crushed Curry and adding white gel pen circles using the Bubble Dance stencil.



I then glued my spacer piece into place as shown below.



To finish, I simply attached the sentiment piece on top of the spacer piece.



I just wanted to show you a couple of photos demonstrating how the bookmark sits on a page. I used my diary for this, of course on a page marked off for a little holiday.




With it being a bookmark, I didn't want to add any embellishments and focused on creating texture effects and interest through stenciling and stamping.



I hope you feel inspired to create your own bookmark and share it with us either in our 'Spring & Faith' March Challenge, if you used a Spring and/or Faith theme, or in our Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge, if you used at least one STAMPlorations product.

That's it from me for today. Have a lovely weekend!

hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop:

ARTplorations Stencils: Christmas Tree 1, Bubble Dance



STAMPlorations Stamps: Wanderlust, Born To Roam, Floral Bliss



CUTplorations Dies: Pierced Curly Frames, Manila Tags Nesting Dies



If you want to get an extra 20% off the shop prices, please use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at check out. I would really love you using it. Thanks so much!

5 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)